Monday, January 29, 2007

More bits from Gem

I spent the majority of my day yesterday spinning away. I spun and plied some more of a pink that I died a few months ago.

This is a picture of the old ones on the left and the one from yesterday on the right (you can click to enlarge and/or you have to take my word for it that the far right is the nicest).
I must say I'm pretty proud. Here is a pic of one of the strands over my pinky finger. Of course you can see that they aren't all the same and there are still some lumpy bits but every time I try it gets a bit easier.
Kate is such a funny dog. While I was plying she decided she wanted attention. She decided to sniff at my singles and then try to bite them. I have only ever seen cats do that before. Particularly the cats at my bf's house who couldn't care less about acrylic but leave your sea silk out or in a bag they can get through...forget it. Cats I understand but a dog? I couldn't help but laugh at her.
One thing I'm still trying to get figured out is how to get the same amount of singles on each bobbin. Do you weigh your fibre first and divide it in half? or what? I just don't know. Any suggestions?

No comments: