Monday, January 01, 2007

Frustration Station

Friday night Connie and I cast on the Debbie Bliss Cabled Jacket in Cashmerino Superchunky. We were slightly discouraged by the way the pattern was written. We both found it a little hard to follow at first. Once we got going we both agreed that knitting at 11pm had clouded our judgement of the sweater and we knit along happily. Until I got to the raglan decreases for the sleeves.

I spent all day yesterday worried, frustrated, and a little bit angry. I think I spent more time with my knitting sitting in my lap puzzling over how far to keep going and how many stitches to decrease.

I did my math and I asked others in the house and even made outside calls to Connie. We all agreed that the math just didn't add up. We searched the internet, we were sure there had to be other decreases somewhere, this was another mistake in the pattern that was not corrected in the revisions.

Turns out there are more decreases that happen naturally with the pattern rows and the numbers do work out. ALL DAY!!! So much wasted knitting time.

I do however ring in the new year with the back of the Cabled Jacked (no pictures because I do not have my camera at the bf's house). From now on I will have more faith. I must have been so hung up on the other corrections to the pattern and Fridays frustration with the format of the pattern that I knew this had to be another problem. After all it could not just be me could it?

No comments: