Monday, July 31, 2006

What a weekend for a BBQ

This weekend was for the most part very relaxing although not a lot of knitting was done. Saturday I went for my orientation at the gym I just joined. After the orientation I stayed for an hour long body flow class (yoga, tai chi and pilates). That was fun and hard work. I came home, I showered and got ready for the BBQ at my bf's friend's house. It was raining, it was grey out, then the sun came out then it would rain... it was a cycle. We started cooking, and we looked up and thought, "it's going to rain again" we started to put a tent up over where we were sitting and it started to spit rain.

Suddenly out of nowhere the rain came down in a wave and it came down sideways. There are not walls on the tent and I happened to be on the side where the rain came in. Everyone swarmed to the middle of the tent but of course I am still on the outide where the rain is coming in. The last straw was when the group moved I got bumped and dropped my drink all down my already soaked self. I ran for the door. Luckily I was going to the bf's house after and had a change of clothes in the car or I would have been very cold and miserable/bitchy.

Funny that all day my knitting stayed in the car. I was a little shy because I didn't know most of the people at the party. But after I got soaked and then changed all I wanted was a sock. Just a plain one .... but I held off and didn't knit until we were back home.

I have been trying to get a few things done/started. I have two baby things to knit in a month and another special project that needs to be done a.s.a.p. For some strange reason I have been having a lot of trouble getting gauge on the special project. I start, I rip, I go down a size, I start I rip. Finally I think I am as close as I'm going to get.

The other project is the Outdoor snuggly from Zoe Mellor' s Nursery Knits. I think the picture looks so cute but I have heard negative reviews of the pattern. I will let you know how it goes. This is what I have so far.

No comments: