Friday, July 07, 2006

Some dye job

What a busy week. I have been here there and everywhere. I started out going to visit a friend of mine for two days got back Wednesday night just in time to go with Emma and Connie to Lettuce Knit for their re-opening party. WOW. What a lot of beautiful stuff and a lot of knitters. We are almost famous. We are the LK shoppers caught on camera when we were leaving (as pictured on the knitty blog).

I have done very little knitting this week because I have spent quite a bit of time in the car. I was driving myself so it makes for bad knitting time. But at Lettuce knit I bought some merino fibre to experiment with and spend a good chunk of yesterday dying some of it. This was another first for me and it was a lot of fun.


The first picture is my first attempt. I wasn't completely happy with it so I died it again (2nd picture). Can't wait to spin it up to see how it turns out. Spinning might have to wait for next week though. Tomorrow I'm off to a car show in Niagara Falls (yes my knitting is coming) and then Sunday my mom and I get to brave the city (so much going on in Toronto this weekend) because we are going to see the Lord of the Rings.

And so ends my week off. I start my summer job on Monday.

No comments: