Saturday, July 08, 2006

The Car (or a slight rant)

I think when you are in a relationship with someone it is good to support that person's hobbies. After all your whole lives can't be each other. My bf is very understanding of my hobbies. He doesn't ask me what I spent this time at the store and expresses interest in what I'm working on. This brings me to......THE CAR.

I have had friends tell me that I'm very understanding of my bf's hobby which is his car. I go to the shows ( and surprisingly even to myself) I have come to enjoy them. The problem arises when the car gets in my way. When I want him to spend time with me and he has to work on the car. Mind you I can knit while we spend time together. The car takes his full attention. The problem gets worse when the car keeps me up at night.

It is 12:30 am and we have to be up to head to the show in Niagara Falls at 7:30. Am I ready to be tucked into bed? NO. I am still at the shop where my bf works on the car. I have even helped so that we can be finished faster. The car is not ready for the show tomorrow and it seems we are not leaving until it is. I'm tired and I'm cranky and am not feeling very supportive of his hobbies at the moment.

There it is....my cranky rant. I'm sorry I had to expose that to the world but what do I have to do at 12:30 in the morning at a automotive shop when I am to tired to even knit?

No comments: