Friday, July 14, 2006

What a week

Ah the evening shift. I thought I would get a ton of knitting done. NOPE. My hands are still soar and the skin on my fingertips feels like it has had all of the layers rubbed off. So not much knitting. I have done a little bit of spinning but I can't keep that up long either. Here is some fleece artist roving all spun up. I like the way the colours blend.


I also got some mail yesterday. I love getting mail. And this is what it was.


Beautiful Sweet Sock sock yarn from Michelle at The Sweet Sheep.

I am going over to my new school this morning. I am meeting with the other kindergarten teacher to organize the room and do some planning. I'm hoping this isn't an all day adventure but I want to do what I can to help out.

Then it is back to work for 3:30pm until 12am. They start us a half hour early on fridays so we can leave a half hour early.

I was supposed to be going to my Grandmother's this weekend but now we are not going. She had some surgery a week ago. She had a bypass in her legs because there was not enough blood flow and they told her if she didn't have surgery that she would lose her legs. Well as of yesterday her one leg is very badly swollen around when they cut her. She is back in the hospital and we aren't totally sure what the problem is yet. It could be infection or still circulation problems but we aren't having our family get together anymore.

My mother is still going back either tonight or tomorrow. She has been home about 4 days in the last two weeks. I know she is very stressed by the whole thing and I am trying to be patient with her and supportive. She tries to carry the weight for everyone sometimes and forgets about her own needs.

I hope everything turns out for the best. I had visions of teaching my cousin to knit socks this weekend but that looks like a no go now.

No comments: