Sunday, February 25, 2007

Non-knitting related/what a crap weekend

This post is not knitting related. This post unfortunately is pet related. I am only writing it because I don't know what else to do with myself right now. It is helping me to procrastinate from the things that I should be doing with my time.

Yesterday morning we had my grandmother's dog put down. When she came to stay with us 3 months ago we knew she had some temperament problems but wanted to give her a chance. We thought she was making so much progress and most of the time I know she was. The last week or more we had more problems with snapping and turning on our other dog. Once last week she snapped at me and almost bit my face. I don't understand why and I didn't know how we could help her. Friday night she just kept going for Carlie. She growled at me and then went after my other dog twice in five minutes. My dad put his foot down saying we can't live with her like that. I know it is true but I can't help but think that we gave up on her. I know we only had her three months but I have been around her since she was a puppy and I had accepted her in our family. I miss her.

I was surprised at how sad I was, how sad I still feel. But even more than that I was surprised at how sad my mom and dad were to. My dad didn't cry the way mom and I did but he really was shaken up.

I have so much work to do this weekend but I haven't been able to concentrate. I just sit and I have been knitting a bit but...I have to get this work done but I am having a tough time getting started. See I am procrastinating.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry you're having a tough time. Stress and then distress about your dog -- I am so sorry.
Your stress fixer was perfectly reasonable and I understand and applaud your efforts!!
Your puppy sadness...it will take time; that's the best I can offer.
How about just attack the work and then reward yourself with knitting the Koigu?!
KnickKname2B