Sunday, February 18, 2007

It wasn't a pointy stick

My poor bf. He has the worst luck with his eyes. He works in a weld department and has already had problems with his eyes and then on Friday he took the night off work to go to meet the lawyer and to go to the autoshow with his friend.

I get the call at 9:30 on Saturday morning. "I'm on my way home from the hospital" WHAT? so I'm thinking he and his buddy were in an accident or something. Turns out he was walking through the underground parking lot and walked by one of the air vents. Dust blew into his eye and he didn't think to much of it other than it didn't go away on it's own.

He went home and went to bed and was woken up at 5:30 by pain and swelling in his eye. He started to drive himself to the hospital until he thought maybe I can't see as well as I should. So he called his sister to take him the rest of the way.

Bottom line he had a piece of metal stuck into his eye. The doctor had to freeze his eye and use tweezers to remove the piece of metal and then had to "grind" (YIKES) the rust off.

He is ok but the eye is very sensitive to light and it is very bloodshot. And me ... the sympathetic girlfriend couldn't stop singing the song from the Pointy Sticks pod cast "it might hurt but you won't die when I poke you in the eye my dear" He didn't find it as funny as I did.

No comments: