Monday, December 11, 2006

What a weekend can do for knitting

I promised pictures of my progress so far on my Christmas knitting. I really have been working my little fingers off this weekend and was feeling a nice sense of accomplishment last night. Then it was back to work today. The real world you might say. This is when I tell myself that knitting all day long is not the reality of my life and that I may not have my Christmas knitting finished by the time Christmas comes.

But for now here is the baby blanket for the bf's sister. I do love this pattern. It is a little tedious to knit but looks beautiful when it is finished.

Pattern: Debbie Bliss Shawl
Yarn: Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino in a lovely purple colour
Needles: Knit Picks Options size 3.5mm
Date Started: September 10, 2006.
Date Finished: December 7, 2006.

Next up...This season's second pair of Thrum mittens (Again a Fleece Artist kit)


And last but not least the fleece artist socks for my sister-in-common-law (The mother of the baby recieving the blanket pictured above).


And that is about it. And with only a few short knitting hours available to me tonight I better skiddadle and get back at it. Only 14 days left everyone. YIKES!!!

No comments: