Friday, December 01, 2006

A question of etiquette

I do not normally mind knitting in public however there is the odd time I wonder if people think I am being rude. I sometimes have trouble sitting still and not knitting. Do my friends think it is strange that I want to pull out my knitting at a restaurant? Well most of my friends don't knit so yes. I have had a few strange looks when I pull my socks out at the pub. I have answered many questions while waiting at the doctors office or dentist. I have even knit through a few workshops and proffessional development classes. I am yet to knit through my staff meetings however (not because I don't want to).

I don't think that some people understand that I really am paying attention. I know another knitter would understand but those who don't knit don't get it! It is easier for me to pay attention when I'm knitting because well....otherwise I'm thinking about the knitting that is in my bag not getting worked on.

I was thinking about this this morning because I am going to a Christmas party with my father tonight. There are going to be some people that I should talk to but mostly people that I don't know! Would it look bad if I took my knitting to the party? *sigh* I'm pretty sure this is one of those times when I shouldn't knit in public.

No comments: