Friday, June 30, 2006

Phew!

Wow! What a week. This has been my first experience with the end of the school year from a teacher's perspective. WOW. You think things are winding down and then the last few days things wind right back up again.

As far as knitting goes, Wednesday was the Charlotte's web shawl cast on party. It went really well. All of us have chosen different colours and it was fun to be sitting with a group that are all knitting the same thing as you. I loved the pattern and the colours and flew past the first colour change without a care in the world.

Then I went home. I was tired, I got a little angry with my dad, I went to bed a little wound up and decided to keep knitting. It was not long before I had a problem and could not find the solution. I was about 50 rows in and then,......RIP. So I started again. Things were progressing well but perhaps lace shawls are not to be knit in bed tired and cranky, because I messed it up again.

Anyway today I ripped for the 3rd time and so far things are back on track and I'm about 30 rows in so "knock on wood" I think I need to pay a little more attention. But I love it and I will post a pic soon. My office and my computer is currently covered with teaching materials.

Phew....I'm exhausted. Things are finally winding down. I think I will go watch what not to wear and go to bed. No lace knitting in bed though....well maybe just until I get too tired?

No comments: