Monday, June 05, 2006

Waiting by the mail

My Charlotte's Web Shawl is coming soon. I can't wait. The package tracking people told me that the package has passed customs. Yippee. So I am waiting impatiently by the mail.

Today is monday. Back to work. All this work means not as much knitting. I am still working concentratedly (is that a word) on the Snowdrop Shawl. I weighed my yarn today and have used about half. Does this mean that I can stop worrying about running out. I like to think so. Lets hope I am not proven wrong.

Today I wanted my knitting soooo bad at work. We had a rather long staff meeting today. Interesting things to listen to but a lot of just sitting and listening. I just don't think my bosses would understand that I can knit and pay attention to the meeting at the same time.

So tonight I have done about 3 rows of the shawl and am preparing to hide away in my room and keep going until I go to bed. But I am looking at spinning wheels, and spindles. I am itching to learn how to spin. I know I should try a drop spindle first to see how I like it but I have always been a drop in with both feet kinda girl when I get my heart set on something. It is a good thing wheels are so expensive (on my budget right now). I have looked at a few on ebay as well. Anyone with any suggestions about learning to sping please leave me a comment I would love to hear how you got started. Is there a certain make of drop spindle you would look for as a general starter but that can still be used beyond that?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»