Monday, May 01, 2006

Sea Silk Progress

Here is the progress I have made so far on the Sea Silk scarf.

A few interesting notes.

I don't know how the girls got the silk in such a tangle before I got my hands on it but I'm starting to get some clues.

This is so soft and so smooth and so....slippery.
In my last post I showed a shot of the yarn straight off of the ball winder. Today the ball it hand wound taking from the outside. I would not recommend a centre pull ball with this yarn (at least not from the winder). Maybe it was just me but as I pulled from the middle the inside was starting to get tangled. I rewound the whole thing again and haven't had any problems since.

I wonder if anyone else had a similar problem with this yarn or another. It was a first for me.

P.S. Connie... I tried to leave you a comment today and can't. Something about must be a team member? whatever that means.

1 comment:

Connie said...

I fixed my blog so you can leave messages - the scarf looks great - call me at home tomorrow. Hope you still have the number.