Tuesday, May 16, 2006

The Frustration Station

No pictures today sorry. The weather is kinda yucky and doesn't make for good pictures plus one of the things I would like to post a pic of is a gift.

Today all I want to do is lay in bed and knit. Of course instead I had to go to work. Working always gets in the way of my knitting. It was a bit of a rough day today. Indoor recess is no teacher's friend!!!

I am trying to get the Vines and Old Shale scarf done for the store by tomorrow night but I still have a ways to go.

My mother's day was kinda crap....I'm not a mother but I'm a daughter that tries really hard. I had no idea what to get for my mother as a gift. I ended up buying her a silver bracelet. I know she wears gold and I wear silver but I thought she would like it. Anyway.. I gave her the gift and she told me that it was more me than her and she thought I would have bought her the needles for her socks on two circulars class.

I felt silly. I didn't know for sure if she planned on taking the class but I guess she does. So tonight I went and bought the needles. I have tied some sari ribbon around them and put them into her knitting bag. Now she just has to work on her sock and find them.

Was this a guilt present?? NO... absolutely not. I felt badly that I couldn't think of something she would want. I'm glad I could still surprise her with her Addi Turbos for the class. I can't wait to see her reaction. If she doesn't knit tonight then maybe the unwinders can all enjoy her surprise tomorrow at the store...oh that would be funny.

No comments: