Monday, June 04, 2007

Well this weekend didn't lend itself to much knitting. I was planning on another night at the drive in with Thermal. That got cancelled in order to help Aaron's mother do some painting. She is selling her house and we had a showing late on Sunday so we painted until about midnight Saturday night and then finished up and cleaned up Sunday.

I did manage to finish this on Friday night. It is the back of the Bonsai Tunic.

I know that this picture doesn't look that different from one in the last post so you will have to take my word for it that it is the front.

Tonight West Side Story (1961) is on T.V. I remember really liking this movie. I haven't seen it in ages and I don't remember all of it. There is one thing I do remember and I can never get over and I have heard it mentioned before. That is that these two tough guy gangs dance around with such wonderful choreography.

I'm settling down with Bonsai tonight. I don't know if I'm going to watch west side story yet but....we will see.

2 comments:

Monika said...

A finished front is halfway there! I've knit with Bamboo blend yarns before, they seem to split easily, but I like the feel of the knitted fabric. Actually I've knit with 100% bamboo as well, just slipped my mind, because I've ripped it out again. Your tunic looks very nice!

Anonymous said...

I just finished enjoying your archives and found the reference to Serenity Knits - I am in the north end of Toronto but I am going to head up there in the coming weeks and pick up some Koigu! Thank you for the tip!

I am impressed with your knitting, especially with how much you seem to have going on in your life!

Comparatively speaking I have nothing happening and I have been stuck on the the same 5 rows of a complicated (for me) hat pattern for a week or more!