Monday, June 11, 2007

Yarn Crawlin'

What a fun day at the York Region Yarn Crawl. I was sad that I missed a lot of it because I was up meeting the musicians for the wedding. It was worth it because I hired them. Check one more thing from the list.

Speaking of lists...My WIP list has one less item because I finished the Bonsai tunic.
Date Started : May 29 2007.
Date Finished: June 10 2007.
Yarn : Bio Bamboo
Needles: 3mm and 4mm addi turbos
Keep in mind that I have not blocked it yet.

Now here is the problem...Yes there is one less UFO on my list but....for every FO it seems I need to cast on another.
So on the yarn crawl I bought some Blue Sky Cotton in Azul and I am making the Retro Redux Shrug from Lace Style.
I am loving the shrug right now. I don't know what it is but I want every one I see and in every colour. When I first started seeing the shrugs I thought they were silly but the more I see them and now that summer is here and I want just that little something for my arm...they make perfect sense.

So there is lots of knitting going on but I will have to slow it down because I have a lot of work for school to do now.
Oh and just before I get to that work here is a pic of the house progress. I have shingles and windows! Yippee!

4 comments:

Andrea said...

I was eyeing that pattern the other day. I'm on a bit of a shrug thing. I think there might be Blue Sky cotton in my future...

Anonymous said...

Nice to see you at the crawl and way to go for another FO!! The Shrug is a gem, but I seem to have the same weakness for shawls/wraps for the same reason! Life does seem to get in the way of knitting doesn't it?
KnickKname2B

Sandra said...

Sarah,
sorry I missed the yarn crawl, but the call of the cottage was too great.
I really wanted to hit Unwind ans Pick Up Sticks - beter luck next time, I guess!

Monika said...

Wow - that tunic looks great!