Friday, June 29, 2007

Knitters are the best!

Knitters really know what to give as gifts don't they! At least to other knitters.

Wednesday was the night I got to celebrate my birthday with my knitting friends. What better way to celebrate than to sit and knit and eat! Boy did we eat! And yes there was more cake.

Thank you so much to Connie, Meghan, Lisa and Angela! They gave me such lovely gifts.


It is a little hard to see in the picture so here is the run down. Some beautiful Louet Gems in the Willow colour and a two sock patterns one of which was this pattern that I almost bought for myself a few times.

There is also a swift so I don't have to prop my knees on the table and hold my arm straight up in the air when winding yarn anymore!!! Yahhoooo. A swift has been on my list for a while now!

And what has turned into my new carry along book. The Knitspiration Journal. I have been thinking about trying my hand at some designing for a while now but there are so many beautiful patterns out there that I want to make why would I spend all that time planning it myself. Well.....because as it turns out that can be frustrating and fun as well! I am working on my own sock design and this journal has the graph paper and lined paper for me to keep my ideas straight. I am very proud I must say.

Again great knitters, enablers and even better friends. Thanks again ladies!

No comments: