Thursday, October 26, 2006

Big Sigh

I know I have not been posting. I know I have said there will be pictures. I do have every intention. Today....no appologies just a post. With some pictures but not lots.

I have a finished project. It was a gift for the bf. I did already give it to him because it was getting very cold here for a few days.

This is the
Devon's Toque from Handmaiden. 100% Cashmere. I would have never knit this for him when we first started dating but....I found out that he listens. He understands that this is a hobby that I love and he really does listen. I mentioned Knitty and Amy Singer. I said ..."I know you don't know who that is" and he said "yeah I do...she has a knitting thing online" WHAT?? Wow!!! he really was listening to me. So because of this amazing fact....he gets a cashmere toque.

I have also been working madly on the baby blanket for Marley (who is now one month old). I have two more pattern repeats and then the border. I love the blanket but I don't want to be knitting it anymore.

Christmas knitting is well underway...but not well enough that I think I might make it in time for Christmas. The only gift I don't have planned it Gareth's present because I want it to be the scull and crossbones argyle and so far I can't make it fit in a pattern for him with the yarn that I have already purchased.

On a final note. I have done a little spinning. Practice helps for sure! This yarn is what I am most proud of so far.

2 comments:

Connie said...

Glad to see a post - your yarn is fantastic! Spin me some!

Anonymous said...

That yarn looks great!!! And so do all your projects. I was thinking of making that cashmere toque for Nick for Christmas -- yours looks great!