Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Spin until you fall over!

Last night was my first real chance to sit down with Little Gem (yet to be given it's own name). I was excited. I had some time.... there was nothing on TV that I wanted to watch I could just sit downstairs and listen to some podcasts and spin away. The other thing I was really looking forward to was being left alone for a while. I didn't want to be rude to my family and I wasn't in a bad mood, but just a few hours on my own after being surrounded by people all day for two weeks sounded like heaven on earth.

So I proceeded to the basement. I set up my Little Gem. I sat down and started spinning. It was going ok and it was getting easier. It was so peaceful and quiet.

Then my mom came downstairs to use the computer. We have been having some problems with our router so only one computer can have internet at a time so she wanted me to try to fix it... like now. I have already tried everything I know how to do (unplug it and plug it back in) and that didn't work but I plugged and unplugged again just for her and her hundreds of questions. I gave internet to her computer by taking it away from mine and she sat in the basement to read email. She wasn't being loud she wasn't sitting right next to me but I felt crowded like she was in my space. But the spinning shall go on.

Then dad came down to work on his project of tearing apart an old pool table to make another table. What happened to my time alone? I was wondering the same thing. Again my dad is not a loud person and he usually just leaves me alone. He watched me a bit but kept to himself but....my plans were squashed.

Overall though the evening produced this.

This was just practice and it may not be overly exciting to the average eye but I was thrilled! And I can't wait to spin some more. Maybe a little tonight before I meet the girls for stitchen' and sippin' at one of our local coffee shops.

No comments: