Monday, March 16, 2009

Rest, Relaxation, and Knitting

It is March Break time again. This time last year I was in Jamaica on my honeymoon enjoying some rest and relaxation. This year that doesn't fit into our budget but I am home enjoying some rest and relaxation. I am also planning on getting a lot of organization done this week (particularly in my office) but I do plan on enjoying my week off and working on a few knitting projects.


One of those projects is great for the relax part of my week because it is close to mindless and it is big enough now that I can curl up under it on the couch. Some people may have seen this project before but it was in the closet for a long time. Oscar is happy I brought it back. He thinks that if I'm working on this project it is time to cuddle up on the couch.



Aaron likes this blanket too and sticks his feet under it on the couch while I'm working. He can't wait for me to finish it. I was surprised that he likes it so much because he talks about being allergic to wool. This blanket is Silk Garden and I love Noro but some people find it a little scratchy so for people allergic to wool it can be like hell in fabric but he seems to not have an issue with it. (he also doesn't have an issue with the hat I made him out of Mission Falls but I didn't tell him that it was wool because I figured it was soft enough--He wears it all the time with no itchy or bumpy reactions).

I'm off to work in the office so I can relax later with some more knitting. There will be some serious sock knitting this afternoon!

No comments: