Sunday, March 19, 2006

After the Water Subsides

I have come to the conclusion that while I take pride in the work I do, I am a lazy person. I do not want to do more than I have to do. I had this whole week off. I thought I would get so much work done. Instead...I got a lot of knitting and sleeping done and not much work. I'm back to work tomorrow and I have a huge assignment still for my online course.

My parents were also away this week which lets me revert back to my lazy university days. The couch was my friend. Until the basement flooded. I am 24 like I said, my life experiences to date have not included the trials of home ownership. When I had my apartment there was two things to do when something happened. Call the landlord or call DADDY. So what was I going to do when daddy was in Jamaica. Well I called the boyfriend who is mechanically inclined but knows nothing about plumbing, I called the neighbour next door, I called my uncles. Luckily I was able to clean up the water on my own and my uncle and aunt came over to make sure I wasn't going to be in over an inch of water again the next day. THANK YOU AGAIN!!

Back to the knitting. I promised to post some pictures. I have started this new blog and a new photostorage site so we will see how this works. If there are no pictures you know how it went.

I have one thing to cross of my WIP list and those are the Thum mittens from fleece artist. This is the second pair I have made and I love love love them. I plan on doing more for christmas presents (like 5 more pairs maybe hmmm)
Here they are:



I was also almost finished the baby sweater for my mother's friend. I put a collar on it and mom liked the hooded pattern better so I ripped out the collar and am working on the hood

No comments: