Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Deathly Hollows/Renewed love of Thermal

I have discovered the secret to knitting thermal for long periods of time. READ. Specifically read this!


I haven't been able to put the book down. I read it until the wee hours of the morning. And to be productive while I was reading I started to work on Thermal.

Connie has often asked me how I can read and knit and there are a few secrets. One is to be working on something that you don't have to pay attention to. A good example is plain stockinette socks or parts of sweaters that go forever back and forth or round and round with minimal stitch pattern or shaping.

My other secret is this:


In order to keep the book open I use one of my hair clips. This little one holds at least 150 pages no problem. And well that is about it. That's how I do it. I think Wendy Knits wrote about reading and knitting a while ago too actually so I know it is not just me and that you can do it too if you don't already.
P.S. The brick is done on the house and the NEW maple stringers and stairs are up. So tell me why it was a big hastle to replace them because it would take so long to order them and for the builder to get them and now...... they already are installed. Hmmm this is fishy. I think they just wanted to delay us because I was mad at them and they got mad back. (And yes they have bumped our closing date another two weeks because of the stairs that would take so long to get.)

2 comments:

Janis said...

I couldn't even manage to rig the book to stay open so I could knit! No matter, I finished on Sunday afternoon and could get back to my Pi shawl. It may be travelling knitting but it's definitely not reading knitting.

Sandra said...

I did the exact same thing! Hair clips - a knitter's secret. (great for holding seams together while you seam, as well. I knit and read all the time. I was knitting a mitten or a sock (it hasn't decided waht it is, yet) while I read HP7. FInished it this morning. Great series.