Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Weeds in my grass

There are too many weeds out there in the grass for me to handle. Every time I'm outside with Oscar I pull up more weeds. Just when you think you are making some progress, this is what you see outside...

I don't know if you can see very well in the picture but all those little spots are white fluffy weed seeds from the field beside our house. It is very depressing.

The other night I couldn't sleep upstairs in my house so I went downstairs to the couch. I opened our back sliding door to let the air in and didn't realise until the morning that that screen door wasn't closed. Then yesterday when I was working in the kitchen I saw something over on my curtain rod by the back door. I went over for a closer look and this is what I saw.


I carefully took it down and put it back outside but I had never seen a praying mantis in my yard let alone in my house. And thought it was kinda neat in a creepy bug kinda way. Not long after hubby came home and the mantis was still on the deck. I showed him and he was not impressed (bugs make him a little squeamish)


Knitting has been going well. I am almost halfway done the border of Girasole so I hope to have some finished pictures of that soon.

No comments: