Wednesday, March 10, 2010

What Ivy League Vest?

I may not have finished the Olympic challenge but I finished my own next challenge which was to be ready to cut the steeks on Saturday. My husband was at work so the house is empty and if there was the need to use colourful language no one will question me.


I did decide to hand sew a reinforcement before I cut because this is my first time and I want to take all precautions possible and am I ever glad. As I was picking up around the arm holes the steek stitches inside did start to unravel in some places. Yikes. It was not relaxing at all so one arm hole got finished on Saturday night and then I had to put it down. I didn't pick it back up again until Monday.

Last night I finished the second arm hole and am now picking up for the neckband. I did however try it on last night and .... I don't think I like what I see. Mind you I was trying to be very gentle with it but....I think even after me changing a bit of the pattern at the bottom edge it is still a lot shorter than I had wanted it to be. I got nervous about adding too much when others online told me they actually had wished it was shorter. I guess this is where body type comes into play because this is not the case for me. I am feeling a little disappointed but ALMOST to the point where I want to knit another vest and make it longer. ALMOST!

When I didn't finish it for the Olympics I really stalled and now ... well I'm itching to cast on something new. I should really go back now to my pre-Olympic plan to finish a lot of projects.

No comments: