Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Back To School

What a great first day back at school. So exciting with new students and ....a new yarn store to visit.

I was a little neglectful of the things I am supposed to be knitting because I found a new love. It is the Lizard Ridge Afgan from Knitty. LOVE LOVE LOVE!! I have knit my first two squares becuase I just couldn't help myself.

I'm not one for bright crazy colours because I wonder if they will really go with anything. Particularly for blankets and sweaters. I started with no desire to knit this blanket and when Connie suggested a knit-a-long for the store I thought I would just watch. Until of course I saw some of Connie's squares and then I had to look on Ravelry to see other Lizard Ridges. I was hooked. Now I can't stop. I feel the need to start new squares. I want to knit this one for myself and then keep going and do one for friends and family and .... and.... and...

Tomorrow night at the new Pick Up Sticks in Bradford is the official kick off of the Wednesday night Stitch 'n' Bitch as well as the Lizard Ridge KAL. Of course no one is obligated to participate in the KAL to come tomorrow so bring whatever you are working on. But I must warn you. These squares are FUN!!!

More fun that watching animated squirels on TV.

No comments: