It is always nice to have a fast moving simple project on the go. It is exciting to work on things for the baby. I have been organizing things in the nursery and getting other things in the house ready. I figure I need to do it now because if I get a lot bigger in the next few months I won't want to or be able to.
I didn't start out that way on the mittens and was feeling overwhelmed by the many strands hanging down inside my mitten. Then I got part way through the second Gnomes and realised I had left out a row of the beard. So I ripped back and had all the separate strings of yarn to pull out. I have restarted and finished one repeat of the pattern using up all the strings and weaving in those nasty ends as I worked then when I had to add yarn I left it attached when I was finished with it. It is annoying to carry the strand up but I find it more annoying to have all the extra ends.
I have a picture of the finished Autumn Hat but it is on my phone and I can't find the cord to download the pictures. I will post a pic when I can.