Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Finally

I am very glad that I am finally done the Tongues of Fire scarf. It isn't that I didn't like the project or disliked the yarn I was just done with it. I was ready for something else.

Here it is all done. Not blocked however because I am giving it to Connie to do that for me as she has blocking wires and I do not (at least not yet).


Here is a closer shot of the pattern.

And this is all that was left. It actually looks a little bigger in the picture than it really is. It is about a quarter in diameter and I would not have been able to do another full portion of the pattern.

Next up. A nice easy plain pair of socks for my 4 year old niece. She wanted pink and purple stripes and no other colours but the little bit of grey in Dye Hard's "You had me at Hello" (available at Pick Up Sticks) was acceptable for her taste. She wants them to be really tall so I will have to weigh out half and start at the toes to see how far I get.
Another plain sock that I started a while ago is also from Dye Hard. The watermelon self striping yarn is a lot of fun.

1 comment:

Meghan said...

Woo hoo!!!