I chose a green dye kit and was a little nervous when the first colour I mixed up looked very far from green. It is hard to see in this picture but it was a rich blue/purple.
The second colour looked like what the label said" olive and then the third colour looked like this.
I was really feeling unsure. As a first timer of this method (I've died some fleece before that I never spun to find out how it looked) and I made my stripes of colour a little thicker than what the directions suggested.
When I wrapped the skeins up it looked like the colour would sorta squish which I guess was the point of the small stripes. Because when I unwrapped everything I couldn't help but think...Hmmm there is still a lot of blue in there.
But after hanging them to set and dry last night and washing them again this morning this is what I am left with.
I had a lot of fun doing this and want to do it again. I have some more dye with my spinning stuff and I wonder if I have more plain yarn upstairs in my stash to play with. I really don't know what I'm doing so I am interested to see how this knits up but I want to learn some more about hand dying.
Then last night I went to a hockey game. We got tickets through my nephew's school. It was a great idea for a fundraiser. They raised over $3000 dollars in ticket sales. The kiddies got to sing O'Canada on the ice too.
My only thought would have been that they should have put the tickets that the families were able to purchase closer to the side of the rink that the kids were on. This was the closest I could zoom in.